Monday, December 20, 2010

Fa La La La Laaaaaaaaa!

Well, I mailed my Christmas cards.  It was the easiest of the tasks on my list, and I'm ever so proud of myself.  It is also the one and only thing I have accomplished since then, but hey, I did something!  


Sleep has not been coming so easily the past few days.  I think I may be permanently uncomfortable with no other option but to wait it out.  I think I'd rather have baby-interrupted spurts of super-comfy sleep than the painful kind at this point, but patience is a virtue.


Thirty-two weeks tomorrow!  And right on schedule, my 8-weeks-ahead-of-me coworker is in labor today.  On her due date.  If you knew her, you'd know how fitting it is that her baby is so punctual already.  So if my baby's like me, he'll either be really early or won't want to bother coming out at all, depending on his mood.  


This weekend, I really wanted to have a day where we didn't do anything important - no chores, no errands, nothing.  So we did that Saturday and it was so great.  Slept in late, went to get some breakfast, did some half-hearted, unproductive shopping, rented movies, napped, and went out for dinner.  Unfortunately, dinner took place in Rockwall, so it was a little bit of a nightmare to get out there, but other than that...one of the best no-obligation days so far.  I plan to have a few more in the next few weeks.  Here's hoping.  


Christmas is this weekend - and if only it weren't almost 80 degrees outside (as well as inside, or is it just me?) I'd almost believe it.  But since I have no tree up, the sun is blazing, I haven't done any shopping and I'm not really in the mood...it just doesn't seem like it's really coming up in a matter of days.  Well, there is my friendly neighbor across the hall at work who doesn't own a pair of headphones and prefers Celine Dion over any other Christmas album...but that's the last thing that would get me in the mood for festivities.  I bet once I stop sweating, I'll be more into it.  Christmas, that is...not Celine Dion.


As of my last doctor visit, my pregnancy is still decidedly boring (which is great), according to my doctor.  I've grown 33 centimeters, and BabyKer is between 3 and 4 lbs.  I also asked for confirmation of his position so I'll know I'm not causing brain damage to him when I try to push him away from my soon-to-be broken ribs.  Good news!  I'm not - it's just his tiny, very boney hiney, which he likes to wiggle a lot.  It'll be a really cute trick in person, I'm sure.  He moves around a lot lately.  Not so much kicking as squirming...I can tell he's running out of room.  Poor thing.  Wait till he finds out he's sleeping in a basket on a nightstand when he gets here.  



No comments:

Post a Comment