Monday, September 13, 2010

Waiting

All I want to do today is hug our baby, who isn't even here yet. But all I can think about is the fact that Janelle's little sister, who gave birth to an absolutely beautiful little boy this weekend, can't even hug her baby who IS here. Reid was born with some very serious complications when part of the placenta ruptured away from the uterus and he was left without blood or oxygen for fourteen minutes. As of yesterday, he had little brain activity, was barely breathing on his own, every organ in his little body had been compromised and he was fighting to stay alive. And today...everyone's just waiting and hoping for better news after his brain scan today.

I can't even imagine going through this whole pregnancy healthy and happy, and having to face something like this at the end. The Opons are an incredibly strong family of fighters, but it is through hardship and pain that they have become that way and it just doesn't seem fair that their strength is being tested yet again. I know that they will be ok, but it would be nice if this didn't have to end with them just being ok.

I'm praying my heart out for that little boy, and for his whole family, who has waited so long to meet him.

And of course, I'm praying for our baby as well. I don't think I realized how important s/he already is to me until now.

No comments:

Post a Comment