Thursday, August 12, 2010

This is Not Me

Before I get to the subject at hand, here's an update on the gender test. I got an email back from the "Moms of Intelligender". I was told that my results appear to be "girl". Of course they do. OF COURSE. But they would also be happy to send me another test so that I can try again. And relive the confusion and frustration of the other day? Yes, please. No really...send me another test. I'll at least feel like I got them on sale or something. Now that I'm two females at once, I really like sales. So I am patiently and nonchalantly waiting for round 2 to arrive. (This is me whistling and checking out my nails in between checking the mail every five minutes.) So soon, we will have confirmation #2 that the baby is a girl, and shortly thereafter, I'm sure the ultrasound tech will provide confirmation #3. Queue the Rolling Stones...you can't always get what you waaa-aaant." And yes, I understand the next line of the song is where the lesson lies, but I'm sulking right now.

Speaking of sulking, let's get to the real issue. Mood swings. I'm not going to pretend I wasn't moody before. But
holy *#$!%. Will someone please put the word out immediately that now is not the time to cross me?! It's not only the safety of others that I'm concerned about. I just don't like feeling the special level of irritability (and sometimes rage) that has now come to be a 2-3 times daily part of my life. Case in point, the woman next to me at work today WILL NOT STOP COUGHING. I know, can you believe it? Ugh. Anyway. So after a few minutes of it, I turned around and yelled, "STOP IT!" She didn't. Later, as the coughing continued, I asked her what is wrong with her. She said she has a tickle in her throat. I told her she should go home anyway. A tickle in your throat could lead to a number of things, not the least of which is a swift punch to the face if I have to listen to you hack up a hair ball onto your keyboard for the rest of the day. See what I mean? This can no longer be called mood swings. This is Olympic-level mood gymnastics and I'm soundly beating every other country in the world. I can't even talk about it anymore.

Because everything in pregnant world is full of weird combinations that don't go together at all, I am also experiencing a very wonderful sense of peace. (With the exception of 2-3 times a day). And with this peace comes a big desire to clear out the chaos in my life. The chaos being all of my personal items that are heaped in various piles all over my apartment and suddenly causing me distress. Last night, with an energy that can only be described as unnatural, I left work, went grocery shopping, cooked dinner, emptied and refilled the dishwasher, did two loads of laundry (I even
put it away), and then reluctantly laid in bed with an aching back while trying to ignore the sounds of the steam cleaner literally calling to me. All day long, I have been planning what to do next. I can't wait to go home and de-clutter all of the surfaces I have turned into "important stuff to go through later piles". I really can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment